Ingredients?! What ingredients?
- 1 Lb. Ground pork lean
- 1 can quail eggs (itlog na pugo)
- 1 Cup of diced potatoes
- ½ Cup diced carrots
- ½ Cup green peas
- ½ Red bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 4 Cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 Tablespoon Annatto seeds (atsuwete) or paprika
- 2 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Fish sauce (patis)
- 1 Tablespoon Corn oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
I’m staaaarving, tell me how, NOW!
- Prepare the Annatto seeds in a small deep pan by heating 2 tablespoon of corn oil and then adding the annatto seeds until the oil turns dark red. Then remove it from the heat. Make sure that you do not burn the seed.
- Boil the quail eggs until it is cooked then drain it and let is cool down in cold water. Pill the quail eggs then let it rest.
- In a large pan brown ground pork and drain the oil. Add garlic and let it sauté for about 2 minutes. Then add the quail eggs, onions, tomatoes, pepper, and fish sauce (patis) and let it cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, green peas, and soy sauce. Stir and cover. Let it simmer for 1 minute. Using a strainer add the colored the annatto seeds into the pot and mix well.
- Replace cover and let it cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat.
- Then add the bell peppers. Stir well and adjust the taste by adding salt and pepper if need.
- Cover and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
Ready, Set, PAKALS!