This dish is so easy to cook, you’ll be done before you could even say “Pasko Paksiw!”
Ingredients?! What ingredients?
- 2 pieces large Bangus (can also use any kinds of fish), cut into three parts
- 1 medium-sized onion, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pieces long green pepper (siling haba), sliced diagonally
- 2 pieces dried Bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
- 1 small piece ginger, sliced
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
I’m staaaarving, tell me how, NOW!
- Wash the fish thoroughly with water.
- In a large cooking pot, place the garlic, onion and ginger at the bottom.
- Then, arrange the fish, green pepper and bay leaves on top.
- Pour the vinegar and water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
Ready, Set, PAKALS!
Level up! Paksiw is best served a day after, when the flavor has seeped into the fish.
You can also add eggplant and bitter gourd (ampalaya) for a more filling meal!